Monday, January 21, 2013

Into the New Year

We’re nearly to February, so I thought it might be a good time for a photo dump, since I just downloaded photos from December and January.  Yeesh!

Catchin’ up with the fam… I soooo wish I had taken more photos during Christmas.  Will I never learn?!

1-4-2013 (1)

12-31-2012 (17)

12-31-2012 (16)

12-31-2012 (26)

12-31-2012 (6)

12-29-2012 (1)

One sick kiddo… I’m thankful I was with my mom during Liam’s first bout with the flu.

12-29-2012 (6)

A Midwest boy at heart… Playing with all the cool toys at Grandpa Feller’s store—definitely a highlight. 

12-24-2012 (2)

LOVE this face…cracks me up every time.

12-24-2012 (10)

A few photos from this afternoon.  I’m determined to learn how take better manual shots this year!

DSC_0352

DSC_0368

DSC_0371

And just to mix it up, here are a few recent photos of our table décor.  I’m always a little stumped on how to decorate between the holidays and warmer weather, but I’m digging this simple arrangement—especially thanks to the cool wood serving board that my mother-in-law gifted me on my birthday. 

DSC_0194

DSC_0205

DSC_0202

I’ll end with a few shots of Matt’s birthday cake.  Although we didn’t do a big shebang this year, I wanted to make a special cake for my mister.  He tends to like peanut butter and chocolate combos, so I slaved over whipped up this ditty.  Check out Annie’s Eats for the recipe.  By the way, Matt really enjoyed this cake, and I’d recommend it if you’re looking for something decadent.  The fluffy peanut butter frosting is delicious and would be a great addition to your favorite chocolate cake recipe.  You can totally see the imperfections in the photos, but I was happy with the overall turnout.  Another goal…learn how to frost a cake!

DSC_0170

DSC_0178

DSC_0179

How is your 2013 going so far? 

3 comments:

  1. love this photo dump! bring back good memories from christmas! AND reminded me that we need to send you our pictures of liam! i tried earlier but they were too big, so i put ross in charge of it. we'll try to get them to you soon!! :) l

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing these pics. If I close my eyes and try really hard...I can almost feel and smell those velvet cheeks I love so much! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jess- he is SO cute!! I especially love the mirror pics, aren't those so fun to take!?

    ReplyDelete